SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The Safety Management System ensures that every incident at TFS facilities is analyzed and evaluated with a proactive approach to reducing the risks arising from our operations to an acceptable level.
TFS started the implementation of the Safety Management System in 2020 within the scope of the instruction “Implementation of the Safety Management System at the Airports” by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation and under the guidance of the Safety Policy.
Safety is our most important activity in all our operations. The common goal of our managers and employees is to carry out our aviation operations in a manner that is sensitive to human health and the environment, adhering to national and international legal and regulatory requirements and standards. In line with this goal, we adopt to create a sustainable internal safety culture and develop strategies and processes by implementing an effective Safety Management System (EYS-SMS). In this way, we hope to improve our safety performance to near perfection and are committed to the following principles:
- To supply the manpower, equipment, financing and all kinds of resources necessary for the effective operation of the SMS in line with the goal of “continuously improving our safety performance”,
- To clearly define and communicate the responsibilities and obligations of all employees in the SMS,
- To ensure that all employees receive adequate and appropriate safety information and training,
- To determine and implement hazard identification, risk assessment, and analysis processes to eliminate the risks in our operations or to bring them to an acceptable level,
- In addition to the reactive measures taken after the accident or incident has occurred, to prevent undesirable situations by proactively identifying the risks in advance, however, by adopting a predictive approach, anticipating the hazards that may occur, and taking actions accordingly,
- To encourage employees to voluntarily report hazards and suggestions to develop a positive and sustainable safety culture since all our employees are responsible for safety in a fair cultural environment,
- To adopt a non-punitive reporting policy for the hazard notifications made by the employees,
- To determine the acceptable risk level within the scope of the SMS,
- To make the necessary observations, evaluations, and analyzes to determine the level of progress made in the SMS and to ensure that safety measures are taken,
- To organize meetings and training so that all employees can follow the developments of the SMS,
- Working in cooperation with the authorities and the industrial community to establish laws, regulations, and standards that consider risks in a purely scientific manner.
Employees at all management levels of the enterprise are equally responsible for maintaining and improving safety. Safety-related reporting will be carefully examined to improve safety, and all resources will be provided to ensure the safety of employees. Only if unsafe work is insisted upon will the disciplinary mechanism be activated.